Oh, and just for the sake of understanding what a macobiotic counselor is, I have the definition here for you.
macrobiotic counseling: Conducer to adoption of a macrobiotic diet of whole grains, vegetables, edible seaweed, and seeds. The design of macrobiotic principles of cooking is to synchronize one's eating habits with the cycles of nature.
While we do not follow a macrobiotic diet, I thought the basics of this article were great and diet choices in all walks of life can and do effect the overgrowth of candida/yeast. I have also been learning more about the powers of energy healing, which means the contrary must exist to some extent...negative or imbalanced energy can cause illness.
Candidiasis - The Overlooked Condition
Candidiasis - The Overlooked Condition and
the Missing Link to ‘Intractable’ Disease
The Candidiasis Comes for Rescue to Macrobiotics
(and Calls for Immediate Attention)
Causes for Candida Overgrowth
I am familiar with the following:
- Congenital and milk transmission. Candida bacteria (or fungi) are blood-transmitted from mother to the embryo during pregnancy, but more likely after birth by breastfeeding.
- Lowered intestinal flora due to a non-dietary cause such as chlorinated water, drug abuse, antibiotics, hormonal therapy, dental mercury amalgam fillings etc. In immunocompromised people Candida is replenished in their intestinal flora by their own saliva.
- Leaky gut syndrome, which is due to:
- Overeating in general; or- Binging on food with strong expansive energy, such as sweets, sugary soft drinks, fruit diets etc.; or- Taking antibiotics with strong yin energy; or- Candida transmutation from a non-invasive, sugar-fermenting organism, into a fungal, invasive state; fungal form of candida can produce very long root-like structures, rhizoids; they penetrate mucosa or intestinal walls; or- Intestinal colic as result of aggravated digestive stagnation (see * for more, below); or- Intestinal parasite; or
- Geopathogenic stress, especially an underground water flow and sleeping close to a strong electromagnetic source such as electric trunk exchanges on the other side of the wall, location of house next to transformers or under power lines.
Symptoms of Candida Presence in Immunocompetent People
Candida overgrowth symptoms can be considered as extreme-yin or extreme-yang phenomena.
- Offensive or acetone smelling breath; or
- Dry mouth cavity or excessive saliva excretion; or
- Athlete's foot; or
- Swollen, enlarged nose tip or hardened one; or
- In people of Caucasian descent a year-round darkish or greenish or greyish complexion (or even brown complexion; not to be mixed up with a suntan) is apparent or translucent or constant reddish complexion; or
- Some Asiatic facial features, especially around the eyes, in immunocompromised children of non-Asian descent or protruding eyes; or
- Flat instep in children even after they reach the age of six or inwardly curved feet; or
- Constantly present horizontal lines or saggy area under the eyes that can already be observed in adolescence and with individuals in their 20's or darkish, even blackish, sometimes emaciated area under the eyes; or
- Dark coloured area in corner parts of eye-socket, especially in areas adjacent to the bridge of the nose ; or
- High cholesterol levels or mal-absorption of fat and protein nutrients; or
- Food addiction or 'holding back from any food intake' attitude; the latter may in some cases turn to anorexic behaviour; or
- Cravings for carbohydrate foods (carbohydrate addiction) or salt cravings; or
- Constant stressful facial expression though the person feels relaxed or sleepy, weary facial expression throughout the day.
Disorders Characteristic of Candida Overgrowth
- Pregnancy diabetes; or
- Sour saliva taste in the morning irrespective of the food intake of the previous day; or
- Infections of the tissues adjacent to fingers or on toenails (paronichia); or
- All too often a cold or overheated body state; or
- Itchy anus; or
- Many perpendicular ridges in fingernails indicate several conditions, including acidosis (as a result of candidiasis); or
- The little fingernail lacks pinkish colouration while other fingernails exhibit it; or
- Swollen lower eyelids, gradually accompanied by swollen sacks or dark circles under eyes; or
- Salt cravings (including indulgence in tamari/shoyu, miso or any other macrobiotic spice with high salt content) on the one hand and binge cravings of any kind on the other hand; or
- Lasting periodontal trouble; or
- Presence of annoying whistle or humming sound in ears or early loss of hearing ability; or
- Slow loss of muscle mass or steady body weight gain in spite of regular physical exercise; or
- Evening bouts of hunger and frequent overeating; or
- Cellulites (in males and females) or dermal problem, including acne, dandruff-like skin or even leprosy; or
- Accumulation of fatty pads in the abdominal area in spite of dietary care; or
- Hair begin to grow grey at an early age, e.g. when person is in his/her 30's or even 20's, or an accelerated hair loss; or
Osteopenia in younger women and osteoporosis later on; or
- PMS or infertility disorders in young women; or
- Physical-mental hypersensitivity (mood swings and food or environmental allergy); or
- Thyroidal problem due to frequent energy surges in the body resulting from chronic digestive stagnation, i.e. constipation in small intestines; and
- ·Many other ailments and diseases already listed on the internet and in Candida related bibliographies.
1. Removal of non-dietary source of Candida proliferation (chlorinated water, drug abuse, antibiotics, hormonal or steroid therapy, geopathogenic stress, dental mercury amalgam fillings etc.).
2. Avoidance of Candida overgrowth proliferating food.
3. Direct suppression of Candida by taking natural alkaline forming remedies, concoctions and dishes.
4. Adjusted diet regimen that can be effective in some cases.
5. Recovery of intestinal peristalsis, measures for digestion improvement and occasionally restoration of healthy intestinal flora by taking probiotic foods.
6. Restoration of immune system by consuming more alkaline forming food on permanent basis and regular physical exercise (may take a year or longer).
Also, energy surges in the body due to chronic digestive stagnation shouldn’t be occurring again in order to facilitate a successful process of recovery during the early stages of treatment.
Only yang varieties of bean (adzuki, and perhaps, chickpeas and old broad beans) are favourable to a degree. Nevertheless, until considerable improvement toward restoration of acid-alkaline balance is achieved roasted or cooked seeds and nuts should be the main source of fat and protein nutrients.
In case of ‘intractable’ disease an adjusted macrobiotic dietary regimen, recommended for more yin, and more yang and yin conditions should be supplemented by special remedies for candidosis; the latter is a must that will make the difference similar to an adjusted macrobiotic diet in the past.
- The daily volume of food intake diminishes considerably once Candidosis recedes. This is probably the major factor in solving the world’s food paradigm. It goes for industrialised as well as developing countries.
- With Candidosis taken into account many health controversies start unravelling. Tobacco smoking is one of them. Nicotine in tobacco products is a natural acidosis reducing agent and an anti-Candida herbicide, affecting it directly by soothing the acidic state of the respiratory system; with this in view there is a chemical justification to smokers’ intuitive compulsive need to alleviate an overly acidic state in lungs. I don’t condone tobacco smoking, yet I do see its relevance in suppressing acidosis of the respiratory system as result of Candidosis
- The phenomenon of food binging as supposedly the primary cause of strayed macrobiotics has lately been receiving a flock of disciplinary finger wagging in the macrobiotic community. With the assumption that the candidiasis incidence, except for the rate of its flare-up, is almost the same in macrobiotics as in main stream eaters food binging could have been driven from within, i.e. induced by the condition of acidosis (uncured Candidosis).
- For a long time it was a great puzzle to me why buckwheat had constantly been downplayed and its frequent intake advised against. Especially, when I realised that buckwheat with its strong contractive energy was an energetic substitute for meat. After taking it several times in a row I didn’t feel well, indeed.
It remained a puzzle to me until the discovery of Candidosis that provides an explanation—the strong water energy of buckwheat provides ample booster energy to candidiasis and for that reason buckwheat hasn’t been, isn’t and won’t be appealing to the taste of humans, or should I rather say, to their common state of health. Buckwheat does well to the intestine only when candidiasis has already retired considerably.
- Herman Aihara's book Acid & Alkaline may offer some very helpful information as far as the direction of action at this health crossroads is concerned.
- It is a well known fact that the western civilisation is propelled by yang activities and by suppressing the yin aspects of life and nature, including our mother Earth. Is it possible that this day-to-day behaviour of the Westerners has been but an intuitive reaction to the prevalent state of an overly yin condition, called acidosis? Perhaps, when acid-alkaline (yin-yang) balance in humans is set on track to effective restoration the general population will begin to appreciate our common mother, planet Earth, and yin qualities of life, spirituality included.
Looking up the literature proved my suspicions about the candidiasis (candidosis or fungemia) as one of the most underscored disorders by main stream medicine and overlooked by macrobiotic counsellors and teachers, as well. Thus I decided to write this report.
The article was from this website called Global Oneness.